Senior Software Architect II
We're looking to hire an engineer dedicated to reliability at AT&T. Your mandate will be to add reliability to our engineering software infrastructure wherever it is most necessary. You'll put effort into places that increase the total efficiency of engineering in sometimes dramatic ways.
You'll need experience as a Software Engineering and DevOps, but we're looking for software engineers, not sysadmins. We're looking for someone who is can comfortable building full stack systems, capable to work with front end and back end features; someone who can write apps and plugins and can just as easily spin up all the right tools to keep one running.
What you'll be doing:
- Building, configuring, and optimizing highly-available systems for the AT&T platform
- Running the next generation of our deployment strategy to our hybrid IaaS and PaaS infrastructure on AWS.
- Scaling out our monitoring systems so that we know before our customers do anytime something isn't completely working.
- Building engineering tools that run our unit/integration/acceptance tests, control our build process and trigger builds in our CI environment.
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree, or 4+ years industry experience
- 2+ years working on production systems on local data center, AWS and/or Azure
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience working with automated provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with CI systems such as Jenkins/CloudBees or similar.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficiency with monitoring infrastructure such as Nagios, AppDynamics, New Relic, or others
- Proficient scripting in Python, Java, Groovy, or similar
- Real world experience as an agile software development team member
- AWS Architect certification
- Expert on Python, Groovy or Java skills
- Machine Learning expertise
- Experience with Ansible Tower, VMWare and similar
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top