Senior Product Development Manager
AT&T Mobility & Entertainment is breaking new ground every day in delivering the world's greatest video entertainment experiences in the most exciting and rapidly changing industry today. AT&T seeks an aggressive and dynamic individual looking to roll up their sleeves and deliver unforgettable consumer products.
The AT&T Mobility & Entertainment Group manages a diverse portfolio of premium video services across DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, U-verse, & NFL Sunday Ticket including a suite of linear streaming and video on demand apps and websites in addition to creating the best cross-platform entertainment experiences for modern video consumers.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology. He/She will have a deep understanding of the technology that delivers live streaming and video on demand services. He/she will manage teams which execute against that vision via small, medium, and long-term initiatives. The candidate will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
In this role, you will...
• Inform, develop, and execute on the long term strategy and architecture to position existing services and platforms for the next decade of video distribution technology.
• Manage multiple initiatives that evolve the user experience of AT&T's Video services and measurement of that evolution.
• Work with cross-functional teams to deliver value to our customers in a predictable and timely manner
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to identify the needs of the business, summarize the intended changes to the products, evangelize the value of that intent and shepherd that intent through development to our customers through innovative implement solutions
• Maintain familiarity with the competitive landscape for consumer facing video trends and competitive products in the industry to ensure AT&T continues to evolve to be the best-in-class video provider
• Work with cross functional teams of product managers, architects, and developers within the Scaled Agile framework (SAFe)
• Continually inspect the effectiveness of our video products to identify opportunities for improvement to be added to our backlog
• Manage the roadmap for video services; collaborating with marketing and content teams to understand the business needs and merge that with the developmental realities coming from our Agile Release Trains to define a realistic roadmap.
• Make data-driven prioritization decisions across multiple initiatives to ensure we are delivering the right value to our customers
• Participate in Team, System, and Solution Demos to ensure a fast feedback loop on development efforts and drive to the intended business outcomes.
• Engage customers, prospects, customer care, 3rd Party Vendors, and internal stakeholders to determine and define business needs for our video services.
• Create product documentation including forecasts, product visions, product briefs, product Intent documents, and EPICs.
• Monitor the effectiveness of enhancements to our products once they are in customer hands to measure the business outcome that was expected.
• Cultivate strong relationships among working teams with potential exposure to Senior AT&T Leadership. Manage high-level relationships with IT, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Programming, Customer Care, Ad Sales, Design and key programming partners.
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across a variety of parallel programs delivering the next generation of video services.
• Understand and communicate current and future consumer behavior for AT&T Video products and services.
• Act as the voice of the customers, understanding their needs, while being intimately familiar with their pain points and desired features.
• Create effective and engaging presentations to communicate product vision and status to cross-functional teams and Senior AT&T Leadership.
• Effectively communicate contractual obligations and product intent to technical teams to ensure requirements are satisfied and business value is understood.
Location: El Segundo
Education: Typically requires a bachelor's degree.
• 4+ years of experience in managing the requirements for products at a consumer facing company
• Experience managing work in an Agile development environment
• Experience successfully deploying complex technical initiatives in highly matrixed organizations
• Extensive knowledge video distribution technology serving video on demand, live TV streaming, authentication and entitlement, measurement, and dynamic ad insertion.
• Experience delivering consumer facing products across multiple device platforms
• Previous experience managing relationships with influential and highly technical leaders
• History in owning the end to end delivery of video related projects
• Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Experience working with television programming groups and external content providers.
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
• Ability to communicate technical details to non-technical people
• Advanced PowerPoint experience preferred.
• Undergraduate degree required (preferably in CS, Engineering, Psychology, Market Research or related field).
Back to top