Senior Network Test Engineer (Government)
Be part of the team involved in the modernizing the aging ATM frame Relay IT infrastructure at Vandenberg AFB in Lompoc, CA. During the course of the execution of this contract, AT&T engineers will be responsible of leading the design effort to convert the network to IPV6 compatibility.
AT&T will specify, configure, and test routers (Juniper/Brocade), Firewalls, Coronet RIUs, Haivision Video equipment, Automated A/B switches, and other equipment in a prototype lab to determine performance of the equipment in a variety of test configurations. As the design matures, other equipment may be brought into the lab and tested. At the completion of the Critical Design Review (CDR) AT&T network, system and Test engineers will set up the equipment at the various buildings (over 62) at VAFB and accomplish deployment of the network elements in a four phased approach.
AT&T will work with our prime contractor to ensure the deployed network elements can be run in parallel with the existing ATM network until final integration and acceptance testing by the Air Force.
The Senior Network Test Engineer will be responsible for developing test strategies for the newly designed IP V6 network that will replace the aging ATM frame relay infrastructure at VAFB. The current IT infrastructure for Western Range Modernization is being upgraded to an IPV6 capable network. Must be familiar with Brocade routers, Brocade EMS, Juniper routers/firewalls/EMS, Remote Interface Units like Coronet and other Circuit to Packet (CTP) devices. AB switches that can be remotely controlled via an HP Network Management system.
- Will be responsible for recommending tests that support ensuring our design meets customer requirements.
- Will work with Hardware engineers who will be setting up a prototype of the network in a lab.
- Will establish initial test cases to measure IPV6 latency across the test network that prototypes our design.
- The candidate will perform measurements on the equipment, set up the equipment, configure routers and switches.
- Hands on experience with Vandenberg range ATM infrastructure would be helpful.
- Hands on experience testing IPV6 networks is critical.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plans and leads major technology assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical test engineering expert across multiple project assignments.
- May supervise others.
1. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
2. Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
3. Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Also writes,
implements, and reports status for system test cases. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
4. Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly
complex software/hardware applications.
5. Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with
emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
*A Bachelor degree or equivalent experience and 5 to 7 years of related experience
Required Clearance: SECRET DOD
Desired: Experience with conversion of ATM networks and circuits to IPV6 networks. Hands on experience with several vendor's products (as above). Ideal candidate will have VAFB range experience and able to work in Integrated Product Team environments with our prime contractor, other subcontractors, and government/government advisors. Candidate must have strong technical skills and good oral and verbal communications skills. Must have experience with MS Office suite of tools e.g. powerpoint, excel, word. Etc.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top