Senior Network Systems Engineer Lead (Government)
- O'Fallon, IL
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
AT&T is seeking a candidate to fill a network engineer position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL. The candidate will provide expert level technical engineering assistance to all phases of network configuration, implementation, testing and performance enhancements.
Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should have voice or IP experience.
- Be capable of developing processes and procedures to enhance network performance and reliability.
- Conduct network testing, supervise technology insertion, and evaluate developmental systems and applications.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate and Intermediate personnel.
- Support senior staff as required and ensure customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Provide support on a 24x5 schedule.
- This is a temporary surge support position with potential for extension based on performance
- Member of the network team supporting DISA GSM-O program. Interfaces with Government counterparts, both CONUS and OCONUS
- Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
- Proficiency with Juniper networking devices to include: Establishing remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or "burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
- Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
- Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
- Monitor network performance.
- Support deployments as required
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices.
- Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
- Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
- Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience. Military or related work experience may be substituted for education.
- IA 8570 Security + Required at Start
- JNCIP certification is desired
- Expertise in IP technologies; i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies and Voice Services
- Proficiency in at two or more of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX210 firewalls, Juniper E2200 switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: Solarwinds or Junos Space
- Willing to travel
Active TS with ability to obtain SCI (#topsecret)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top