Senior Network Systems Engineer Lead (Government)
AT&T is seeking a candidate to fill a network engineer position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL.
The candidate will provide expert level technical engineering assistance to all phases of network configuration, implementation, testing and performance enhancements.
Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should have voice or IP experience.
- Be capable of developing processes and procedures to enhance network performance and reliability.
- Conduct network testing, supervise technology insertion, and evaluate developmental systems and applications.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate and Intermediate personnel.
- Support senior staff as required and ensure customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Provide support on a 24x5 schedule.
- This is a temporary surge support position with potential for extension based on performance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities: Member of the network team supporting DISA GSM-O program. Interfaces with Government counterparts, both CONUS and OCONUS, as well as other Leidos and subcontractor team members. Responsible for the network components used on the program with specific responsibilities including but not limited to:
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices.
- Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
- Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
- Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience. Military or related work experience may be substituted for education.
- IA 8570 Security + Required at Start
- JNCIP certification is desired
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Expertise in IP technologies; i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies and Voice Services
- Proficiency in at two or more of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX210 firewalls, Juniper E2200 switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: Solarwinds or Junos Space
- Willing to travel.
Active TS with ability to obtain SCI
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top