Senior Network Engineer (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The team operates and maintains the Intrusion Prevention Security Services (IPSS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to protect Federal Civilian Executive Branch (FCEB) Departments and Agencies from cybersecurity threats.
AT&T has an opening for one (1) Network Engineer to support the DHS, in providing Cyber Security Service Delivery. We are looking for individuals who excel in fast paced environments and seek out learning new technologies. Specifically, we are looking for Network engineers with Juniper and Cisco network operating systems skills. The successful candidate should have experience with dynamic routing protocols, route policies, infrastructure hardening, Spanning-tree, Vlans, and IPSEC are all a plus. Additionally, experience with Cisco and Juniper firewalls is also a plus.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solutioning of advanced system requirements and problems
- Plans, develops and technically directs projects or major phases of significant projects
- Coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects
- Develops investigations and tests of considerable complexity
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Consults on technical implications to other organizations
- Leads lower level employees
US Citizen, TS/SCI (#topsecret)
BS Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
Eight years of applicable progressively complex systems design experience, including hardware/software integration of complex systems
Juniper and Cisco network operating systems skills
- MS in a related field a plus or equivalent experience
- 10+ years' experience
- Experience with dynamic routing protocols, route policies, infrastructure hardening, Spanning-tree, Vlans, and IPSEC are a plus.
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper firewalls is a plus
- JNCIA, JNCIP,JNCIE, CCNA,CCNP, CCIE or similar industry certifications.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top