Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer manages, delivers and deploys aspects of network architecture, design, engineering and detail network specifications in order to migrate client from current network environment to the new environment. His job may include also vendor management, client relations, resource planning and management, project management, quality assurance, new equipment installation and configuration and client training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary support of network operations by managing customer devices and end-to-end services, identifying sources of problems, and resolving configuration issues.
- Monitors elements, fault identification and management, performance reporting, real-time performance tuning, and capacity planning and analysis.
- Engages equipment and service vendors to support network operations.
- Deliver service level reporting to client on performance.
- Responds to and may implement client requests and notifies them of network problems and the impact on customer's business.
- Acts on client's behalf in handling network problems and changes.
- Person in this position will determine causes of network related problems, feasibility of technical solutions and equipment required.
- Assesses impact in both AT&T internal organizations and the availability, reliability and resiliency of client networks.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge in the area of network and equipment configuration.
- Complete understanding of voice/data networking.
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and topologies is required.
- Proficiency in Network Security (firewalls, IDS/IPS, security threats, zoning, etc.).
- Strong client interfacing skills.
- Functions independently, planning own, and/or technical team members' work within the organization. At this level, individuals are accountable for developing, implementing, knowledge transfer and support of complex solutions.
- Mastery of physical and logical layer design and implementation.
- Exposure to computer systems and how they interact with networks is essential.
- Should have a good understanding of how voice/data networking supports business needs.
- Advanced knowledge of tools, processes and procedures for Network Engineering.
- Degree in Computer Science preferred. 5+ years experience required.
- Customer focused.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to mentor others required.
Education and Qualifications:
- University education preferred
- Bachelor level or Major in technical subject or Secondary school education with relevant work experience record
- Telecommunications/ Networking field of study is advantage
- Cisco Professional or Expert certification
- Accredited load balancing (F5 preferred) skills
- Verbal and written English communication skills (Upper Intermediate level)
- 24x7 shift plan
- Availability for short/medium duration occasional travels Requisition ID 150171-1
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Vice President, Video Marketing
Hanny is responsible for driving revenue from all of AT&T’s content businesses. Since the acquisition of DIRECTV and the pending acquisition of Time Warner, she has also been overseeing video content distribution.
Back to top