Senior Network Architect (with active French and English)
- Presales Support, Technical Architecture & Design, Validation, Documentation, Maintenance and Communication of all technical functional elements required to achieve world-class network solutions for AT&T Multi-national Customers.
- Development of solutions for the customer IBM accounts in EMEA using existing or best practice templates bearing in mind any cost constraints.
- Definition of overall architecture, technical configuration standards and overall technical management of installations.
- Guidance in the delivery of projects in Transition and Transformation to new or existing customers.
- Application of AT&T's Strategic View, SLAs or service standards to all customer networking requirements consistently.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Data engineering needs of the client's global internal and external communications. Supported technologies/components include: router and switches, load balancer, VPN concentrators, firewall, proxy, and other LAN and WAN technologies.
- Developing standard design and architectures; the definition of the structures of an IT solution to a business problem
- Performing network assessments and recommend Best Practice network architecture for network performance, capacity, stability, availability, security, and cost efficiency
- Maintaining an in-depth base of IT industry networking knowledge to advise on technical trends and techniques and apply them to the development of solution designs
- Translating customer requirements into technical solutions and functional specifications.
- Definition and maintenance of a Technology Roadmap based on state of the art technology and customer requirements.
Key Competencies and Skills:
The position holder has professional network technical experience or has ideally already worked as network architect working in a busy non-standard customer environment.
1.University degree or comparable skills from long term working experience
a.Cisco /Juniper, Security accreditation an advantage.
2.Several years of experience in managed campus network service area
3.Excellent technical and non-technical skills in the following areas:
a.Proficiency at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration
b.Practical skills and experience with many network application and infrastructure products, technologies, and services
c.Must be able to provide technical leadership for network integration of cross tower services, and transform high-level network solutions into detailed implementation designs
d.Must be able to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate standards in the creation and implementation of the solution whenever project requirements call for or would benefit from the use of standards
e.Must be able to demonstrate mastery of written and verbal communication skills which include the ability to stay on subject, leverage the use of good feedback, and use content appropriate for the audience
f.Experiences supporting enterprise customers and their demanding requirements (Focus on WAN, LAN (incl Wireless), Security (FW, RSA) and DataCenter Technologies)
g.The following certifications or comparable skills are required
- Ideally CCIE Certification
CCNP and/or CCDP certification is a minimum requirement
- Firewall experience (Cisco ASA / Checkpoint)
- WAN experience (Cisco / Juniper)
- LAN experience, incl. Wireless (Cisco )
- Loadbalancers (Cisco, F5)
Proxy Servers (Bluecoat)
Experience of IBM processes
Education and Qualifications:
French communication skills are needed.
Flexibility - the customer is supported during their business hours of 7am to 7pm, and a degree of flexibility is required in this role. In addition some of the projects may require working outside of these hours. There is the need to travel frequently to meet with IBM and their customer and French Language support is a required. Requisition ID 148773-1
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Vice President, Video Marketing
Hanny is responsible for driving revenue from all of AT&T’s content businesses. Since the acquisition of DIRECTV and the pending acquisition of Time Warner, she has also been overseeing video content distribution.
Back to top