Senior Consultant, Unified Communications
Don't miss this opportunity to join the company recognized by Fortune magazine as the World's Most Admired Telecommunications Company and ranked #4 on DiversityInc's list of 2011 Top 50 Companies for Diversity.
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
JOB TITLE: Senior Consultant
PRACTICE: Unified Communications
- A seasoned and strategic thought leader in large scale multi-vendor Unified Communications (UC) solutions. Require full life cycle architecture, design and deployment expertise.
- Ability to manage and exceed client expectations for delivery including facilitated meetings, whiteboard sessions, presentations, deliverables and weekly communications with client and engagement managers on status and health of the projects. Strong business acumen and strategic customer interaction, including workshops and Strategy and Roadmap deliverables is key.
- Deliver and lead strategy, readiness and other assessments, architecture and complex multi-vendor integration services.
- Support Unified Communications Practice initiatives as a collaborative team.
- Foster the development of standardized templates and Knowledge Management artifacts to improve field self-sufficiency.
- Responsible for consulting project activities from client identification through final invoicing.
- Fulfills billable consulting service projects.
- Acts as the subject matter expert within a specific discipline.
- Typically leads an engagement team, consisting of other Consultants and/or Sr. Consultant, or may be the sole consulting resource on a project.
- Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and deployment.
- Typically viewed as a mentor or coach.
- Creates recommendation and implements new methods, techniques and /or procedures.
You will earn an amazing benefits package including:
- Employee discounts and perks
- Paid time off
- Learning and development opportunities to help you along your career path
- Tuition aid
- 401(k) savings plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage and MORE
AT&T is leading the way to the future - for customers, businesses and the industry. We are developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. With a network that covers 225 countries, including more than 120 million customers, we would say we are well on our way. Together, we have built a premier integrated communications company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, building the world you always imagined. So what do you say? Let us do great things together.
Our employees say it best, watch here!
Apply now and in case your email filter does not recognize us, please keep an eye on SPAM and junk folders so you do not miss a message.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
At AT&T Consulting, you will be working with the best in the industry. Here is what you should bring to the table:
- Hands-on experience in UC for large, complex, and multi-vendor environments
- 10+ years industry experience and 5 years experience in Unified Communications technologies
- Strategic IT Consulting experience
- Strong documentation skills
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Industry certifications applicable to U
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with experience in VP and CxO level interaction and facilitation of diverse groups and stakeholder
- Distinguished interpersonal skills and responsiveness supporting customers
- Ability and wiliness to assist sales and field management in expanding and development of new business opportunities
- LAN/WAN expertise - Intermediate
- Routing & Switching knowledge - Intermediate
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) Operation and Configuration - Expert
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) trouble-shooting and diagnosis - Expert
- Cisco IOS Voice Gateway - Expert
- Sonus/Acme Packet/AudioCodes/Cisco CUBE Session Border Controller Design/Implementation - Expert
- Diagnosing diverse call flows (SIP, SCCP, Q.931, T.38, Modem pass thru/relay protocols, Wireshark captures, Realtime Transport Protocols (RTP)) - Expert
- Quality of Service (QOS) knowledge - Expert
- Alternative solutioning if design is compromised by unknowns - managing architect for large complex organizations SIP transformation - Expert
- Legacy PBX interaction - Expert
- Microsoft Skype for Business architecture, design and deployment expertise
- Multi-vendor integration with TDM to IP based voice solutions, including Cisco, Avaya, Siemens
- Conferencing solutions such as Cisco, LifeSize, Polycom, and SMART Technologies
- Voice and messaging integration with Microsoft Lync premise, Lync Online and Hosted/Managed Services
- Unified Messaging experience with Avaya, Cisco and Microsoft solutions
- Deployment experience with media gateway including ACME Packet, AudioCodes and Sonus
- SIP Trunking
- Customer use case scenarios
- Data center network re-engineering
- Internet access engineering
- WAN acceleration and content distribution
- QoS, Multicast, IP traffic engineering (desired)
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top