RF‐Broadcast Transport Technician
AT&T is more than Entertainment and Technology. At the Castle Rock Broadcast Center we transform Technology to Entertainment. Our Technical Services Department is seeking a Technician to work at the Castle Rock Broadcast Center located in Castle Rock, CO. You will work closely with the Technical Operations Center to identify problems in specific markets/channels and restore the on-air broadcast. Our customer satisfaction relies on keeping programming on-air and this cannot be done without you. Within the first 6 months, you will be working toward mastering the core competencies of our department. You will continue to develop your skills by fulfilling Job Qualifications and Core Competencies, throughout your career with AT&T. Our environment offers the best of both worlds we are a strong team and rely on each other, but much of the work is performed independently.
- Ensure consistent, high quality digital television signal transports and satellite transmissions.
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
- This responsibility includes the Mpeg 2/Mpeg 4 transport streams and all associated Local Collection Facilities, Broadcast Centers, Ground station Equipment, and associated Monitor and Control hardware.
- Configure and troubleshoot a variety of television broadcast, transport, and transmission equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on various subsystems.
- Summarize and Present Technical information in both verbal and written form Assist in project research, design, planning, implementation, procedure documentation and training.
- Training and development of new employees
- Special Requirements: Must have a valid state driver's license with no restrictions. Must have a negative pre-employment drug test. Criminal and MVR background must meet company hiring criteria.
- The CRBC is a 24x7 facility and requires the ability to work various shifts, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as necessary to support the on-air mission. Minimal travel via commercial airline required on occasion (<15% travel)
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military training in electronics and/or related systems is preferred.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to climb external antenna system ladders and work at heights up to 30 ft.
- Dexterity to work in confined spaces down to 16 cubic ft. Ability to work outside in inclement weather.
- Desired work experience to include technical maintenance or equivalent military experience with electronics, communication, television broadcast or Earth Station processes and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in either RF Ground Station Antenna systems or MPEG Video Compression
- Demonstrate knowledge in LAN, WAN, and computer technologies including the ability to learn various computer applications and internal programs critical to television broadcast processing and transport Knowledge of VMWare, VSphere, v ‐ Center and Virtual Encode systems, or willingness to learn.
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top