RF Space Systems Acquisition Engineer (Government)
AT&T RF Space Systems Engineer provides RF engineering and space systems acquisition support to the United States Air Force, Space and Missile Systems Center, Space Superiority Systems Directorate customer at Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA.
Those qualified in this role have successfully demonstrated applicable acquisition skill level and experience in Space Control, Space Situational Awareness, Command and Control, or Space Superiority. This includes DoD life cycle program support, DoD systems engineering processes, documents, reviews, and test (development and/or operational).
RF engineering and space systems acquisition tasks include:
- Review provide input to design documentation (TRDs, Specifications, interface control documents, drawings), requirements documents (ICDs, CDDs, CPDs), ECPs, PWSs
- Organizes, analyzes, conducts, and/or monitors/oversees RF engineering activities relating to the design, development,
fabrication, installation, modification, sustainment, and/or analysis of systems or systems components
- Applies RF/systems engineering technical and technical management processes to a functional specialty in IPT
- Review and provide input to enabling concepts, concept of operations, and ensuring supportability requirements are addressed and part of upfront planning for systems
- Coordinate and lead Integrated product teams (IPT)
- Ability to provide a wide variety of acquisition/sustainment technical analyses, and program management support to a government PM
- Provides analysis of proposed costs, contractor Statements of Work, and technical content
- Ensures adherence to Government acquisition policies, master plans and schedules, and develops solutions to program
- Have a working knowledge of system acquisitions, specifically in Air Force and DoD environments, covering the DoD
- Assist in the execution of acquisition strategies, including drafting Statement of Work, Statement of Objectives, Request for Proposal preparations, monitoring deliverables, and attending acquisition related meetings.
- Travel requirement: Approximately 25%
DoD Top Secret/SSBI/SCI required (Active TS and must be eligible to obtain SCI)
BS in Systems/Aerospace Engineering preferred.
In lieu of a 4 year degree, a minimum of 5 years' experience in the following:
- systems engineering experience in an acquisition environment
- development of requirements
- specifications and proposals
- familiar with a variety of acquisition concepts, phases, and procedures participate in technical studies, and performance
- ability to function in a multi-contractor/customer environment
- performs a variety of complicated tasks
- a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- effective written and oral communication skills required.
Desired: Master's Degree in Systems Engineering; DAU SPRDE Level 2
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top