Project Controller, Mid (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The team operates and maintains the Federal Network Protection System (FNPS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to protect Federal Executive Branch Civilian Departments and Agencies from cybersecurity threats.
AT&T has an opening for Project Controllers to support the DHS, in providing Federal Network Protection System (FNPS) Service Delivery. We are looking for individuals who excel in fast paced environments and seek out learning new technologies. The Project Analyst supports project managers. Successful candidates will have an active TS/SCI clearance, past DHS experience and experience as a Project Controller.
- Oversee, identify plan deviations and recommend resolution for project manager.
- Monitor performance and determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators for critical department metrics.
- Complete ad hoc assignments to support capital transmission project delivery.
- Create and execute internal controls and offer Internal Auditor services to assure controls.
- Maintain current and forecasted Cash Flow data when compared to projected Cash Flow.
- Manage project accounting databases to ensure timely security and control.
- Offer direct financial communication with project team, internal financing department, subcontractors and Joint Venture owners.
- Ensure financial information accuracy between program-level and subproject reporting.
- Support Project Management Office Supervisor in project financial management and divisional reporting.
- Administer and coordinate routine contract work using prescribed and standardized methods.
- Coordinate with Fleet administrative staff to correct income entry and equipment cost errors.
- Conduct cost variance analysis and schedule against baseline values through PMI Earned Value Measurement technique.
- Enforce actual project data collection and weekly accurate estimates.
- Recommend and execute corrective actions to handle project compliance.
- Plan for high risk project strategic initiatives and ensure correct duration estimated tasks.
DHS TS/SCI (#topsecret)
- Bachelor's Degree in a finance-related field, such as accounting, finance, business administration, or economics
- 5 years relevant on-the-job training and experience may include time spent performing project cost accounting duties and in financial reporting roles
- Master's Degree
- DHS Experience
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Advanced training, including the certified public accountant (CPA) designation
- Advanced or continued training in the use of computer-based accounting and analytical software, spreadsheet preparation software, and budgeting tools.
- Coursework or hands-on training in project management is a plus.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top