Professional, Broadcast Field Engineer
Our team is on the front lines to ensure DIRECTV service runs seamlessly for our customers. In this role, you will be leading technical engineering support for all aspects of regional DIRECTV Local Collection Facilities and coordination/assistance with other technical departments as needed to support the same.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review/Approval of MOP's as needed. This position requires extensive travelling between Neilsen recognized TV DMA's and is considered 100% travel.
- Perform RF signal surveys to FCC specifications and document the findings, investigate interference issues, provide and implement recommendations for resolution.
- Position requires inspection, validation and repair of baseband and SDI audio/video installations and drawings.
- Work with group as a whole to simplify signal delivery and associated documentation as applicable.
- Troubleshoot video and audio impairments related to signal acquisition, have strong knowledge of ATSC & NTSC signal components and specifications, and various ANSI/SMPTE protocols.
- Fabrication and labeling of cables is required. Installation of system devices as needed and general upkeep of LCF/LRF as a whole.
- Perform field pre-commissioning, commissioning, maintenance of MPEG compression and pre-decommissioning as needed. Installation of baseband and IP multicast video transmission and multiplexing equipment.
- Position will assist in troubleshooting vendor owned connectivity up to and including optical transmission circuits.
- Documentation of both work performed and any issues found or remaining is required on a timely basis.
- Face to face communications with local TV stations engineering staff on technical issues.
- 3+ years of RF video experience
- Good driving record
- Bachelors degree preferred, not required
Back to top