Principal-System Architect- Network Cloud and Infrastructure
Overall Purpose : Responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology.
Key Roles and Responsibilities : Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems. Job Contribution: Expert level technical professional. Technical authority Subject Matter Expert (SME) within organization. Contributes through own development of advanced technologies/concepts with global reach or industry application. Has direct impact on creation of technical products/services. Serves as a role model and mentor.
KNOWLEDGE Has extensive specialized technical expertise. Applies expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines. Integrates expert knowledge of technical principles/methods of multiple disciplines with knowledge of products/services and internal operations. Advisor on ATT technologies/systems/procedures.
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Solves complex, critical problems related to significant and unique issues. Uses extensive research and interpretative thinking. Utilizes innovative methods in developing solutions. Works on abstract problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
INDEPENDENCE Guided by functional goals/objectives. May influence organization goals/objectives. Applies discretion to develop innovative solutions to problems without precedent.
CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Lead contributor on critical projects/technology initiatives. Develops enterprise wide integrated solutions. Contributes to complex and innovative business solutions to achieve strategic objectives.
COMMUNICATION Provides technical expertise to peers across the company. Actively promotes good working relationships. Develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers.
Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role. Entry into this title may require TCP Governance Board Review. Supervisory: No.
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 8-10 years related technical architect experience
- Proficient in engineering cost estimates and economic analyses and models
- Knowledge of wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMax, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum)
- Proficient in voice, video, and app technologies/protocols (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.)
- Proficient in network and system architecture (subsystems, interfaces, hw/sw dependencies).
- Proficient in message and conference systems and networks (multiple media, notification, presence, unified communications, video).
- Knowledge in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP network Address Management, Perf, Mgmt).
- Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Delivery Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
Desired Qualifications -
- Enterprise wide deployment planning and support for mission critical applications for major releases, both business and infrastructure related
- Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
Back to top