AT&T Mobility and Entertainment is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We're delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we're revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV and U-Verse to our newest streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, our industry-leading team is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we're creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
AT&T Entertainment Operations is looking for a talented, highly motivated engineer with broad technical experience in streaming video technology to join our Service Operations team. As a Principal - Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end operations and service analysis for our Cloud DVR services and systems.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions related to the Cloud DVR service:
- Defining and implementing the deployment and monitoring strategy;
- Incident troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem management for streaming and DVR services. Must be capable of developing a troubleshooting plan and leading a team through the investigation and resolution process;
- Capacity planning and technology roadmap for storage, compute, and management systems;
- Metrics definition and analysis to continuously improve the customer experience;
- Leading conversations with engineering, architecture, product development, and vendors
- Lead the documentation and knowledge-base creation to empower Tier 1 and Tier 2 operational teams with maintaining the cDVR serices.
The background of the successful candidate should include:
- BS/BA in a technology-related field with 8+ years of experience developing and designing streaming video services;
- Intimate knowledge of streaming video/audio technologies, specifically with HLS and DASH standards;
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, such as Couchbase, Cassandra, and MemSQL;
- Experience working alongside software development teams utilizing agile/scrum methodologies;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence others.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top