Principal System Engineer APIs & MicroServices
This position ispart of the Marketing, Advertising, and Content (MAC) data-sharing platformthat resides within the Chief Data Office of Xandr - AT&T Advertising &Analytics. The MAC cloud-based platform combines AT&T's uniqueconsumer data and growing content data assets and enables data sharing acrossbusiness units in support of marketing, advertising, and content intelligencerelated use cases. This role creates APIs, microServices, and commonservice layer components in our overall architecture for Data Products in MAC.
Responsible for translating the core architecture for businessrequirements into the final technical solution (consisting of platform,network, software, cloud, etc.) through functional, performance, andreliability analysis using engineering models and techniques, primarily throughsoftware development throughout the vertical stack. This is a hands-on rolethat ultimately results in the delivery of an application or service.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Designs, develops, documents and analyzes technology systems,maximizing reuse of target state platforms such as APIs, UI/UX integration,cloud PaaS components, and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) platforms. Engineersintegrated platform and software solutions that meet performance, usability,scalability, reliability, and security needs. Coordinates design,specification, and integration of total systems and subsystems. Assesses (proofof concept) and recommends solutions (algorithms and products) to improve thecurrent systems.
Day to day responsibilities for this position includesolution engineering in cloud platforms (AWS) leveraging approved PaaScomponents and platform design patterns to integrate and operationalize dataproduct applications and services with APIs.
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 8-10 years related technical architect experience
- Proficient in engineering cost estimates and economic analyses and models
- Knowledge of wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMax, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum)
- Proficient in voice, video, and app technologies/protocols (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.)
- Proficient in network and system architecture (subsystems, interfaces, hw/sw dependencies).
- Proficient in message and conference systems and networks (multiple media, notification, presence, unified communications, video).
- Knowledge in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP network Address Management, Perf, Mgmt).
- Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Delivery Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
Desired Qualifications -
- Enterprise wide deployment planning and support for mission critical applications for major releases, both business and infrastructure related
- Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
Back to top