Principal Software Engineer (Full Stack)
- Dallas, TX
At AT&T, we're connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide an intuitive and integrated experience for customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world. You'll drive how we deliver a seamless and fast customer experience with digital at the center of AT&T's distribution channels. We're offering an opportunity to revolutionize the digital space and the chance to create a career that will propel your future.
Principal Software Engineer - Commerce
AT&T Digital Platform Product team is looking for a Principal Engineer who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Principal Engineer,you will be responsible for translating the core architecture for business requirements into the final technical solution (consisting of platform, network, software, cloud, etc.) through functional, performance, and reliability analysis using engineering models and techniques, primarily through software development throughout the vertical stack. You will lead the software product development life cycle from inception to production launch and post-production support. You must possess strong technical background to ensure you are designing modular & scalableweb components, you must have experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
- Design, code, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality and operational needs
- Align development teams to a shared technical direction and partners with those teams in elaborating the Solution and its interfaces
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, Solution and Enterprise Architects, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enablers
- Build high quality code following unit testing and test-driven development
- Establish critical NFRs at the solution level, participate in the definition of others
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices
- Collaborate with peer organizations, dev ops, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved
- Work with team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems
- Focus on scalability, security and availability of all applications and processes
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software
- Contribute to technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in working in Engineering or Development roles
- 6+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: application delivery; subject matter expertise in building Java-based high-volume/high-transaction e-commerce applications
- 4+ years of experience in building frontend applications using React, Redux and Node.js
- 4+ years of experience in performance tuning and application monitoring
- 4+ years of experience in architecture and design of systems using Micro services architecture
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership capacity - coaching and mentoring engineers, developers
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 4+ years of experience in Unit and Function testing using Junit, Spock, Mockito/JMock, Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI or Postman
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
- Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
AT&T is leading the way to the future - for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we've built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Back to top