Principal Software Engineer - Commerce Order Management
- Bothell, WA
At AT&T, we're connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide an intuitive and integrated experience for customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world. You'll drive how we deliver a seamless and fast customer experience with digital at the center of AT&T's distribution channels. We're offering an opportunity to revolutionize the digital space and the chance to create a career that will propel your future.
Lead Engineer - Commerce Order Management
AT&T Digital Platform Product team is looking for a Lead Engineer who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Lead Engineer,you will be responsible for the design and development of various initiatives for AT&T's customer and employee digital experience across our consumer distribution channels. You will lead the software product development life cycle from inception to production launch and post-production support. You must possess strong technical background to ensure you are designing modular & scalableweb components, you must have experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
- Lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems while having the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Provide functional and technical leadership and mentor software engineers.
- Collaborate with other Leads, Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, and Business stakeholders to identify technical and functional needs of systems based on priority.
- Writing great quality code with a relentless passion for automated testing and validation.
- Enforce company policies in the areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management and compliance.
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
- Implement, maintain and update CICD pipelines.
- 8+ years related experience with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: application delivery; subject matter expertise in building high-volume/high-transaction e-commerce applications
- 6+ years' experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- 6+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 4+ years of experience in building frontend applications using React/AngularJS, Redux and Node.js
- Experience working in a fast paced and highly collaborative position, be highly organized and have an ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership capacity - coaching and mentoring engineers, developers
- 4+ years of experience in Unit and Function testing using Jest/Mocha/Chai/etc.
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
- 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
- Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
- Experience in backend technologies - Java, Spring, Kafka, Cassandra
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
AT&T is leading the way to the future - for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we've built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Back to top