Principal Applications Developer BIG DATA
Responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the development and/or maintenance of new or existing applications. Using programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Nature of Contribution – Expert level technical professional. Technical authority within organization. Contributes through own development of advanced technologies or concepts with global reach or industry application. Has direct impact on creation of technical products/services and serves as a role model and a mentor.
Knowledge – Has extensive specialized technical expertise and applies expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines. Integrates expert knowledge of technical principles and methods of multiple disciplines with knowledge of products/ services and internal operations. Advisor on AT&T technologies, systems and/or procedures.
Analysis and Problem Solving – Solves complex, critical problems related to significant and unique issues. Uses extensive research and interpretative thinking. Utilizes innovative methods in developing solutions and works on abstract problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
Independence – Guided by functional goals and objectives and may influence organization goals and objectives. Applies discretion to develop innovative solutions to problems without precedent.
Contribution to AT&T Technology – Lead contributor on critical projects and technology initiatives. Develops integrated solutions across the organization. Contributes to complex and innovative business solutions to achieve strategic objectives.
Communication- Provides technical expertise to peers across the company. Actively promotes good working relationships. Develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers.
Required Qualifications -
- 8-10 years experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Understand application/software development and design.
- Very strong Unix/Linux skills. Mustbe very comfortable at the command line.
- Strong shell scripting skills with Korn shell.
- Strong Java skills.
- C coding skills
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystemand its components
Desired Qualifications -
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Project Management
- Excellent technical analysis/design skills
- Track record of delivering projects on time
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
- Ability to understand and code awkscripts is a plus
- Perl is a plus
- SQLquery development a plus
- Telecommunication experience is aplus
Requisition ID 1640258
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Nancy increases the capabilities of AT&T products by expanding access, tracking, and applications, and designs purposeful and user-friendly devices that can improve people’s lives.
Back to top