Pipeline - Management
AT&T Mobility and Entertainment is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We're delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we're revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV and U-Verse to our newest streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, our industry-leading team is at the forefront of making it all happe n. Together, we're creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
AT&T Entertainment Operations is looking for a talented, highly motivated engineer with broad technical experience in large-scale broadcast environments to join our service operations team. You will support the Entertainment Operations end-to-end technology stack for one or more of our critical customer-facing content delivered services.
- • Implement and leverage best-in-class technologies, tools, and processes to continually optimize the customer experience
- • Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies
- • Application/Infrastructure capacity and performance management
- • Monitoring, instrumentation and metrics collection - define KPIs in support of strategic and operational end-to-end performance
- • Optimize event detection and alerting capabilities
- • Scripting and automation with movement towards a DevOps capability
- • Interacting and leading conversations with business partners, engineering, product development and vendors
- • Documentation and robust knowledge base creation
• Put the end-user experience at the core of the team's focus and continually drive to measure and improve it
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key software development and product management teams
• Take ownership of issues affecting the service regardless of functional area or organizational boundary, including the triage of linear broadcast issues in production
• Be adaptable, expect change and keep both skills and mindset current to respond to the demands of the business
• Work closely with other engineers to evolve and maintain linear broadcast requirements
• Leverage technical skill sets to explore, evaluate, and deliver new technologies, techniques, and tools to advance the capabilities of the team
• Regularly analyze workflows and tools for scale, accuracy, and efficiency
- Knowledge of one of the following scripting languages i.e. PHP, PERL or Python
- Required proficiency of a database query language i.e. SQL, NoSql etc.
- Required command line knowledge of UNIX operating systems
- Required proficiency of MS Office suite of applications required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, ability to handle multiple priorities, and ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using metrics to measure performance and drive operational improvement
- Experience working alongside software development teams utilizing agile/scrum methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence others
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top