Outside Plant Technician
- West Dundee, IL
LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
Our current Term Full-time Outside Plant Technicians ensures our customers have the connectivity they need to enjoy our services.
A job with AT&T as an Outside Plant Technician can provide many advantages starting with your paycheck: Outside Plant Technicians work 40 hours per week earning up to 54,262 per year in total compensation and will get a pay increase every 6 months until they reach top pay of $87,906 and then every year thereafter!
You'll gain some pretty cool perks like:
- 50% off AT&T mobile products and services and $10 per month for DTV!
- Discounts on accessories, that means you always have access to the coolest gadgets around.
- Discounts on connected car plans, Internet of Things plans, wireless home phone and accessories.
- Company provided vehicles and tools
We have an amazing benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, and more!
- Work outside our customers' homes to install, connect, rearrange and/or dismantle various forms of telephone and cable wiring.
- You'll be a vital point of contact for repairs and maintenance.
- Operate heavy duty electrical and hydraulic equipment.
- Digging holes, placing poles, laying cable and conduit, unreeling, and/or pulling and stringing wire and cable from pole to pole.
Additional duties may also include, but are not limited to the following:
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches or detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cable, building or poles.
- Climbs poles or uses bucket trucks and enters tunnels, manholes and trenches to place materials.
- Operates light and/or heavy duty electrical and hydraulic equipment and hand tools in the installation, repair and maintenance of outside plant facilities.
- Operates propane or gas-powered compressors.
- May perform other duties such as ordering supplies, materials, interpreting blueprints and specifications and logging extra supplies, material and hours.
- Uses and/or wears appropriate safety equipment.
In order to qualify for this position, you must have the following:
- Valid state driver's license
- Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
- Ability to lift and move up to 100lbs
- Ability to work in confined spaces and climb poles and ladders
- AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
- Qualify on pre-employment screening:
Back to top