Onsite Lead Engineer (Government)
- Omaha, NE
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The USAF partnered with AT&T to consolidate multiple disparate expenditures and IT projects into a consolidated enterprise while still allowing its users to retain the ability to tailor services and service levels. AT&T is providing commercial IT services to the USAF to improve performance of IT services and allow re-missioning of military personnel to cyber warfighting missions.
The AT&T Network as a Service (NaaS) team has an opening for an Onsite Lead Engineer. Our NaaS team is dedicated to improving the USAF IT experience through commercial services in order to increase mission effectiveness. It supports the AF Program Management Office, Air Combat Command, 16AF and subordinated units delivering high-availability and secure network capabilities.
- Supports the program designs, engineers, construction, installs and coordinates telecommunications equipment, systems and facilities
- Performs engineering studies involving equipment, applications or theoretical analyses of such engineering methodologies
- Supports architectural engineering that is a prerequisite to work center detail design, configuration, and installation work
- Establishes and maintains AT&T architecture standards
- Performs architecture review and assurance
- Conducts Air Force risk assessment
- Interacts with co-workers, vendors, the customer and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate
- Information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate activities, complete projects within time and budget constraints
- Drafts bid specifications and requests for proposal and evaluates vendor responses to establish contracts.
- Directs projects assigned by management by planning plans of action, resource allocation and monitoring progress
- Plans, designs, engineers and constructs telecommunications systems (e.g. voice, radio, etc...)
- Analyzes telecommunications problems and needs (e.g. interference, intelligibility, clarity, etc.) to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating and/or avoiding current and future problems and improving communications
- Determines appropriate configurations of telecommunications hardware and software to ensure the desired performance of telecommunications equipment.
- Researches, gathers and compiles relevant technical information to enhance, modify and maintain assigned networks and telecommunications systems.
- Attends meetings, conferences, task forces, committees, events, etc. to provide and receive updated information, work in unity with the Air Force and other agencies with similar telecommunication equipment and system interests and assure the organization's position is represented.
TS/SCI clearance. Must have held a TS/SCI position w/in the past 24 months and be willing to take a counter espionage polygraph if required. (#topsecret)
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or equivalent experience
- Six years of Information Technology (IT) management experience, preferably within commercial or Department of Defense (DoD) spaces
- Eight years in IT services such as Internet, cloud computing, hosting, managed services, etc.
- Project Management experience
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top