NMS Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Government)
- Vienna, VA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Software Quality Assurance Engineer - To support the customer identify software problems and their cause. Develop and implements quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Perform Scrum Master duties to include helping software development teams apply the Scrum framework, planning deliverables and helping teams monitor performance, and resolving issues that hinder the teams' work
- As needed, conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments. Develop and defines major and minor characteristics of quality including quality metrics and scoring parameters and determines requisite quality control resources.
- As needed, design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures. Determine the standards for product quality and readiness.
- As needed, develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability. Document software defects and report defects to software developers.
- As needed, monitor software problem resolution efforts and successes. Document test procedures so they can be replicated and to ensure compliance with standards. Evaluate or recommend software for testing or problem tracking.
- As needed, identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content. Install, maintain, and use software testing programs.
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (SAFE)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Business or similar field
- Scrum master certification is a plus
- Develops and executes software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. Establishes and maintains a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assists in the evaluation. Conducts and/or participates in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle. Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
Back to top