NMS Network Architect (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for an NMS Network Architect - Who is responsible for leadership of a diverse team designing and building components of scalable, secure network monitoring system with various hardware, software, cloud, and web-based applications. Responsible for coordination with other designers and service owners to deliver a broad range of network services to internal and external customers. Responsible for participating in the full application lifecycle including support of the application in production by researching and resolving production issues. Responsible to the changing needs of the customer.
- Leadership and providing direction to a team of 20-30 software and cloud engineers including System Admins and Database Administrators
- Provide architecture design and decision-making
- Coordination with network design leaders
- Develop and maintain services including web, development, configuration management, etc.
- Design, implement, test, and support network management based applications and documents design ideas
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Configures and tunes application servers
- Ensure cleanliness and optimization of code written in complied languages such as Java
- Participate in production troubleshooting and issue correction for applications after the production implementations
- Participates in production issues remediation and troubleshooting as needed
- Solve complex production issues
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Strong Unix/Linux system knowledge and administrator experience.
- 4+ years of tooling and automation development experience.
- Intermediate or higher knowledge of Python or any other complied language such as Java.
- Extended knowledge of API design (JSON, REST, etc.).
- Solid understanding of Layer 1-4 fundamental protocols.
- Knowledge of standard networking monitoring technologies (SNMP, *Flow, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge on network device configuration and management a plus.
- Experience in configuration development on Management Software (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of HPE NNMi, OMi, NA.
- Knowledge of Unit Test framework a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile & Scrum Methodologies preferred.
- Knowledge of Riverbed.
- Knowledge of Splunk.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
Required Clearance: Active TSSCI with Polygraph (#polygraph)
Desired: 8570 Certification.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top