Network Systems Administrator (Government)
- Provides system administration of Network, Web, and/or communication systems, including Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems, involving network security. This includes administration of user accounts, passwords, email, chat, and FTP.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of the organization's hardware, software and network components.
- Maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of links.
- Monitors web site for acceptable performance and user accessibility.
- Establishes backups and monitors site security.
- Consults with and advises network users.
- Coordinates network administration and performance requirements with others in the information systems function.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents long-range requirements and schedules resources related to the enterprise network.
- Responsible for configuration management and documentation of network and system topologies and/or web site.
- Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions including actions, milestones, timelines, and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure compliance.
- Selects or recommends multi-user software that meets common user requirements and integrates (where possible) with existing software.
- Plans for and provides reasonable responsiveness in terms of system performance.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the network performance.
- Administers large e-mail systems.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in administering large, complex networks, and/or in a Computer Science, Information Systems, a Physical Science, Engineering or a Mathematics-intensive discipline or an applicable training certificate from an accredited training institution.
Have five to seven years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in implementing, administering, performing tests and analyzing all elements of network systems. Has experience with current technologies and, where required for the task, emerging technologies.
Position available in Monterey California (Naval Postgraduate School IT contract support).
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top