Network System Engineer (Government)
- Establish and maintains network performance by building configurations and connections and troubleshooting network problems.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration, completing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with team engineers on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplish information systems and organization mission by providing agile and sustainable results.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and providing contextual feedback.
- Possess network security acumen; to include setting up access control lists (ACL) for firewalls and monitoring intrusion detection systems (IDS) for potential security breaches.
- Ensure high availability and automatic failover capabilities are monitored and operational.
- Analyze capacity shortfalls and develop capacity planning models.
- Assess and document network performance to ensure present and future needs of the business are met and provide network planning recommendations to senior leadership.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the configuration of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Evaluate, review and if appropriate, implement recommendations for improvements to existing network procedures and documentation for efficient and cost effective delivery of network services.
- Provide Tier III networking support.
Minimum 8 years of experience with monitoring and management tools such as Cisco MARS, Splunk, What's Up Gold, Wireshark, Websense, MRTG and NMAP. Advanced knowledge of MPLS, BGP, IPSec, VPN, IOS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF. Strong technical knowledge of IP Management, DNS, DHCP, VoIP, VPLS, MPLS, SIP, H.323, L2TP and 802.1x.
Desired: Experience with VOIP, TCP/IP protocols and telecommunications technology, virtual machines, and hypervisors is desired. BS in technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, and Information Assurance). CompTIA Security+ CE, GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP) certified.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI (Eligibility)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top