Network Specialist, Senior (Government)
- Santa Maria, CA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
AT&T has an opening for Network Specialists, who are responsible for making product recommendations, designing a network solution to meet Western Range needs, configuring network products to meet requirements, and troubleshooting network issues. Network engineers directly support all engineering disciplines in the design of an upgraded Communications Subsystem (CMSS) architecture for the Western Range, allocation of CMSS network requirements, deployment and checkout, test preparation, and test execution. Network engineers also help configure and maintain the Network Management System (NMS). Network engineers also work closely with the Cybersecurity team to ensure the network is hardened to meet security needs. Network Specialists are assigned to the Western Range Modernization Network (WMN) Test Team.
- Analyze, design, configure, deploy, test, maintain and administer networks and related computing environments, including computer and network hardware, network services, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Support Range Deployment Team to configure facilities for developmental testing
- Support Cybersecurity team to ensure network is hardened to meet security needs
- Support Software Development Team to ensure code specifications meet CMSS needs
- Support Program Manager in estimating, reporting, and planning network engineering tasks
- Participate in Risk Management Boards (RMB) and identify network design risks
- Participate in cross-functional customer facing integrated product teams (IPT)
- Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in network specialist position.
- Certification: Security+(mandatory) plus Juniper, Cisco, Linux or Microsoft certification.
- Experience with software products like: MS Server 2016, Active Directory, Certificate Server/PKI, Windows Group Policies, VMware, vCenter, SQL Server, DNS, RADIUS, IPAM, NPS, Linux
- Experience in network design, implementation, performance analysis, and testing.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish proficiency on new IT products/product lines.
SECRET DoD (#secret)
- Experience on a DoD system development program
- Ideal candidate will have VAFB range experience and be able to work in Integrated Product Team environments with our prime contractor, other subcontractors, and government/government advisors
- Experience with common circuit/signal testers like Fireberd, Fluke, Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience with relevant industry software products like MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint, Linux, etc.
- Experience interfacing with a project Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top