Network Specialist Entry - Avaya (Government)
The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division provides its users with mission critical domestic LAN/WAN data services across multiple locations in the DC Metro Area and remote locations.
In support of these services, the Network Specialist Entry level will:
- configures IP VOIP, digital, and analog phones and extensions, coordinate installation with other contractors and service providers troubleshoots and resolves voice service outages
- tests network back-up procedures, and updates documentation, as needed
- administers Avaya phone systems and voice mail systems for over 40+ US sites
- perform routine and complex administration of voice services (Avaya voice switches and voice mail systems),
- develop telecommunication solutions to address user needs, monitors, logs and track work task performed in a separate data base system, identify out-of-sync conditions between separate data base system with telephony information and actual telephone switch, develops and recommends solutions to correct out-of-sync conditions between separate data base with telephony information and actual telephone switch
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Avaya Switch Systems, Cisco, Secure Telephone, and Video Communications.
- Ability to interface with end users.
- Willingness to travel and work out of hours and weekends providing on-call support as needed.
- Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Provisioning, Technical Understanding, Functional and Technical Skills, Independence, Attention to Detail, Verbal Communication, and Documentation Skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an enterprise telephone environment.
Must be a US Citizen and have a CURRENT Secret clearable to TS.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of AAR (Automatic Alternate Routing) and ARS (Automatic Route Selection) in voice network environment. Working knowledge and experience with complex Uniform Dial Plans (5-digit dial numbering plans).
- Experience in the design and operation of Avaya Call Center Telephony. Experience with Avaya Call Center portfolio - ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), EAS (Expert Agent Selection), CMS (Call Management System) and BCMR (Basic Call Management Reporting).
- Experience with Call Vector Designing, testing and problem solving
- Experience with detailed call flowcharts and end-to-end Visio designs.
- Experience planning and providing support for Avaya Aura user features/applications
Back to top