Network Software Engineer - Western Range (Government)
Software engineers work with systems engineering (SE), database engineers, network engineers, and specialty engineering disciplines to support architecture, design, and development of custom software to support the Network
Management System (NMS) and testing for the upgrade of the Western Range communications infrastructure.
- Lead, mentor, and guide software development team.
- Establish Network Management System (NMS) architecture.
- Provide technical guidance for all software development and integration. Participate in cross-functional customer facing
product teams (IPT).
- Support Program Management Office (PMO) in estimating, reporting, and planning software engineering tasks.
- Participate in Risk Management Boards (RMB) and identify network design risks.
- Facilitate user engagement forums regarding software requirements and design. Ensure Software Development Team has adequate resources (personnel, IT, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with software requirements, guidance, and practices. Ensure configuration control is followed and
adhered to Present software design status at major program milestones as required.
Developers and Analysts:
- Participate in system design and requirements allocation. Produce code for customization of a commercial NMS.
- Work with Test IPT to plan and execute acceptance and performance tests. Support development of Software User
Manual (SUM), Software Design Document (SDD), Software Version Description (SVD) and training documents.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Networking, Telecommunication or related field. Experience developing software for managed network systems.
- Experience with full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience developing and delivering code for Government/DoD projects. Experience/success with a large Network or IT
- modernization effort.
- Experience writing code in Java. Credentials or experience in security accreditation, certification, and assessment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Networking, Telecommunication or related field.
- Experience developing software for managed network systems e.g code scripts to enable a commercial NMS such as
- HPNNMI and/or WhatsUp Gold to communicate, configure, monitor and maintain network element configurations based
- on customer requirements.
Required Clearance: Must have a current SECRET clearance. US citizenship.
Desired: Experience developing software for managed network systems. Experience with full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Experience developing and delivering code for Government/DoD projects. Experience/success with a large Network or IT modernization effort. Experience writing code in Java and or Python.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top