Network Management Center Manager (Westfields)
Job Description: Determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks. Plan and implement network upgrades. Design, test, and inspect the NRO's computer data communications systems. These systems include wide area networks (WANs), local area networks (LANs), and internets. Analyze and organize the corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling and planning.
- Adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands.
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs.
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Determine specific network hardware or software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemas.
- Develop and implement solutions for network problems.
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical network designs.
- Develop procedures to track and report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes.
- Estimate time and materials needed to complete projects.
- Evaluate network designs to determine if requirements are met efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing.
- Prepare detailed network specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and recommended technologies.
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, to alert them to future needs, to resolve problems, or to address system maintenance issues.
- Coordinate installation of new equipment.
- Coordinate network or design activities with designers of associated networks
- Design, organize, and deliver product awareness, skills transfer, and product education sessions for staff and suppliers.
- Develop network-related documentation.
- Explain design specifications to integration or test engineers.
- Develop plans or budgets for network equipment replacement.
- Prepare design presentations and proposals for staff or customers.
- Supervise engineers and other staff in the design or implementation of network solutions.
- Use network computer-aided design (CAD) software packages to optimize network designs.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education : Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly or able to obtain CI Poly.
Desired: 8570 Certification
Back to top