Network Engineer-TNE1 (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer - To perform network engineering services to enable all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex inter-network issues.
- Performs network engineering services to enable LAN and CAN aspects of a large enterprise network
- Matches customer requirements to standard architecture designs and works directly with the service delivery group to implement networking upgrades
- Provides Tier-3 support including but not limited to corrective actions, equipment refresh support, modernization efforts, and new network turn ups
- Uses networking knowledge to ensure network capacity and availability SLAs are achieved. Interacts with multiple groups such as operations, installation, security, and system engineers to meet contract requirements and SLAs.
- Day to day activities may include designing, documenting, configuring and troubleshooting network architectures to include: VLANs, OSPF areas, Core, Distribution and Access architecture layers, connectivity to datacenters and end users
- Hands on knowledge of VOIP, QOS, OSPF, multicast, VPNs, Firewalls and Ethernet required
- Uses network management tools such as MFNA, Solarwinds and Gemx to analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoot problems and recommends corrective action.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNA, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
Required clearance: Candidate must have a TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top