Network Engineer - Voice (Government)
The Voice Engineer must have journeyman experience in both Voice and Data hardware/software.
- Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation and resolution, and monitors, tunes, set standards and maintains a range of network components and systems.
- Performs these functions across some, but not all, physical media, Operating Systems, File Systems, protocol stacks and network components.
- Provides client consulting and training on the design and use of the voice network systems and architectures.
- Plans, researches, evaluates and recommends new voice network equipment and related technologies.
- Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge performance and activity.
- Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- May develop and execute contingency plans for voice related hardware/network failures including isolated and major outages.
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations,
workstation support, management, and departmental clients.
10 years Voice/IT network engineering support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Expert experience in one or more of the following: Avaya Voice, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst routing and switching
- Experience supporting the government customers in secure environments, familiarity of NIPRNET and SIPRNET
operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Firsthand experience in developing and providing quality assurance review of engineering change orders relating to the
replacement or enhancement of perimeter security hardware and software
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Expert Knowledge of cabling standards, fiber optic and copper cable termination.
- Experienced with network monitoring devices such as HP Openview, Nagios, Zenoss, NeuralStar or other similar
- Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline
Must have a Secret clearable to TS.
- Department of State experience on voice and data systems/networks.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Certifications: Avaya Voice/CMS/Voicemail systems, Network +, Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP or equivalent.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (Voice and Data networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs)
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top