Network Engineer -TNE0 (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer - Who performs services to enable all aspects of the network to include maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex internetwork issues.
- Maintain data, voice and/or video network hardware and systems;
- Assess and update older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provide escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice or video networks;
- Answer technical questions; recommend and Implement approved course of action.
- Install network applications on network servers or voice equipment; Maintain, test, research and resolve problems.
- May design, implement or maintain various networks such as LAN, CAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
- May prepare data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Perform data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and maintenance of McAfee version 7 & 8 Sidewinder Firewalls.
- Understand the operation of network protocols and Firewall packet and proxy filters.
- May be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of our customer's next generation firewall solution.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Four (4) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Associate's degree in engineering technology from an accredited college is required. Two (2) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for an Associate's degree.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNA, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
Required Clearance: Candidate must be clearable.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top