Network Engineer Senior - Voice (Government)
Network Engineer Sr - Voice
- Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation and resolution, and monitors, tunes, set standards and maintains a range of network components and systems.
- Performs these functions across some, but not all, physical media, Operating Systems, File Systems, protocol stacks and network components.
- Provides client consulting and training on the design and use of the network systems and architectures.
- Plans, researches, evaluates and recommends new storage area network equipment and related technologies.
- Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge performance and activity.
- Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- May develop and execute contingency plans for network related hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations,
workstation support, management, and departmental clients.
10 years IT network engineering support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and
- Expert experience in one or more of the following: Avaya TDM/VoIP Voice Systems, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst routing
- Experience supporting the government customers in secure environments, familiarity of NIPRNET and SIPRNET
operating standards and applicable guidelines
- Firsthand experience in developing and providing quality assurance review of engineering change orders relating to the
replacement or enhancement of perimeter security hardware and software
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Expert Knowledge of cabling standards, fiber optic and copper cable termination
- Experienced with network monitoring devices such as HP Openview, Nagios, Zenoss, NeuralStar or other similar
- Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline
Required Clearance: Must have an Interim Secret clearable to TS.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Certifications: Avaya Voice Systems (TDM/VoIP), Cisco Voice, Network +, Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP or equivalent,
- Department of State experience and familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems,
policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs)
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top