Network Engineer, Senior (Government)
- Santa Maria, CA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation's warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Test Engineer to support the OPS2 program in providing planning, executing, and analyzing the results of qualification and integration level testing.
- Specify, configure, and test routers, firewalls, circuit to packet devices, video encoding/decoding equipment, switches, and other network equipment in the lab and in the field, to determine equipment performance in a variety of test configurations.
- Create, implement, and maintain the System Test Plan.
- Manage requirements (allocation to procedures, test events, status tracking, etc.)
- Develop, execute, and maintain test plans.
- Develop & execute test procedures to support test plans.
- Analyze, document, and publish test data, results and observations in Test Reports.
- Identify, assess, and document deficiencies.
- Create and maintain the requirements Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM).
- Plan, execute, and gain approval for Test Readiness Reviews.
- Participate in cross-functional customer facing integrated product teams (IPTs).
- Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping
TOP SECRET/SCI DOD (#topsecret)
- A Bachelor's degree in related technical field or equivalent experience and 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Recognized certification in IT systems technology (i.e. Network+, CCNA, Linux, MS, etc)
- Hardware and Software testing experience.
- Experience with IP Networks, Serial Data Comm Lines, Network Management Tools experience, including common circuit/signal testers like Firebird, Fluke, Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification
- Experience testing in an Agile, DevOps, and/or Scrum methodology environment.
- Proficiency in relevant industry software products such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect, Quality Center, MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint, etc.
- Experience with conversion of ATM networks and circuits to IPv6 networks.
- Strong technical skills and good oral and verbal communications skills
- Ideal candidate will have VAFB range experience and able to work in Integrated Product Team environments with our prime contractor, other subcontractors, and government/government advisor.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top