Network Engineer Senior (Government)
Support the operation and troubleshooting of existing and deployed Navy networks and monitor internal and external network parameters.
- Possess the ability to work with the following technologies: synchronous and asynchronous protocols, Ethernet, FDDI, twisted pair, fiber optic, broadband Telephone Company (TELCO) (56kb, T1, T3) ATM, and emerging communication methodologies.
- Perform network database management support; perform network monitoring and statistical analysis; network control; and test equipment operation support. Provide upgrade development and implementation support for Gigabit capable Passive Optical Networks (GPON) that includes implementation for data, voice, and video.
- Support virtualized network operations and provide network contingency planning and support.
- Provide network system maintenance and administration support, including software and hardware maintenance, system integration and systems interface support.
- Provide analysis and administration support to projects requiring access to IT data, including design, development, and maintenance of tables; creation and maintenance of data dictionaries; and creation of bridges to populate new tables; file transfer and reformatting, troubleshooting, error investigation and correction, and production of specialized internal reports.
- 7+ years Information Technology experience with experience in Classified Networks.
- Required knowledge of routing protocols, switching, and 802.1x authentication.
- Assists in conducting and documenting network architecture design, feasibility and model.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to use and apply Classified network configuration management principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems involving multiple variables and inter-relationships.
- Works well independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Achieves desired results, anticipates unusual problems and discusses them with management.
- Proposes new and improved work methods, and receives permission prior to deviating from current guidelines.
- Participates as a member of the Project team, and provides estimated task requirements.
- Delivers on commitments.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to develop network diagrams, and solution concept and design via PowerPoint. Education: Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or related field.
Certifications: Security + and CCNA.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI clearance
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Requisition ID 1657944
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Nancy increases the capabilities of AT&T products by expanding access, tracking, and applications, and designs purposeful and user-friendly devices that can improve people’s lives.
Back to top