Network Engineer II (Government)
Seeking a candidate to fill a Network Engineer II position to support an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) program. Specifically, the Network Engineer must provide management and support to vendor- and technology-diverse networks and infrastructures. The Network Engineer supports several network management systems that monitor the availability (24x7x365) of the different layers of the IP stack (Devices, applications, interfaces, etc.) running in ICE's LAN and and/or WAN environment.
The Network Engineer should possess the following qualities:
- Proven experience in all aspects networking (routing/switching, DNS, etc).
- Strong analytical mind
- Strong sense of urgency
- Must possess organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly via phone, email and chat.
- Ability / comfort to ask questions and at times question information being provided to them from various sources (to include end users, engineers, the CIO and other VIPs as needed).
Network Engineer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide system administration and server operational support.
- Implement, install, configure, operate, and maintain Government-furnished network tools (Cisco, SolarWinds, Infoblox, etc.)
- Lifecycle/release management for NOC tools.
- Support all ICE operational security requirements.
- Report management.
- Provide network and systems administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering, computer, telecommunications or related field.
- Equivalent related technical experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience on a wide variety of servers, desktops and networking and telecommunications technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts, architectures and trade studies.
- Ability to troubleshoot network incidents and provide a resolution report to management and / or customer.
- Ability to document solutions with MS Office products: Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with management and peers.
Required Clearance: Secret
Desired: Preferred Certifications: Preferred Certifications:
- Extreme Networks ECS
- SolarWinds Certified Professional
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top