Network Engineer (Government) Scott AFB
AT&T is seeking a candidate to fill a Network Engineer position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL. The candidate will need experience in hiring, training, certifying, and supporting a team of Network Engineering professionals in the 24x7x365 operations, administration and maintenance of mission critical DoD communications networks. The ideal candidate should possess an in-depth knowledge of Network Management, Incident Management, Trouble Management, Problem Management, network administration & maintenance. The ideal candidate will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to execute DODIN operational engineering globally. The candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision. This position will require interaction on a daily basis with engineers and team leads of various skillsets to track independent projects and will be required to report up to the IP Engineering Manager and Customer to provide updated statuses regularly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
•Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with
design, engineering and customer specifications.
•Perform various complex software development tasks.
•Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
•Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
•Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and less than 2 years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional
related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
• Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 appliances, and Splunk systems
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or
OSPF, Static routing.
• Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper
• Experience with ports and protocols.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
- Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
Required Clearance: Active SECRET
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top