Network Engineer (Government)
The Network Engineer is with the Telecommunications and Technology Development Staff (TTD). The TTD staff provides administrative and technical support to the United States Attorneys Offices (USAOs) and all telecommunication activities, including voice, data and VTC. The TTD staff provides a variety of information technology services to approximately 15,000 users, spanning over 250 geographically dispersed sites, within the 94 U.S. Attorney's Offices (USAOs). The ideal candidate has experience and familiarity with Cisco network equipment.
The responsibilities of the Network Engineer include:
- Provide expert technical guidance to federal management and District Systems Managers.
- Provide technical support for upcoming data center consolidations and migrations.
- Keep federal management appraised of new or advanced networking technologies.
The ideal Network Engineer will have experience and competencies in the following areas:
- IPv6 including IPv6 addressing scheme, planning and implementation - Familiar with IPSEC and Dynamic VPN Technologies
- Datacenter networking utilizing Cisco Nexus Product line - Routing & switching utilizing spanning tree and other routing protocols
- Cisco routers and switches including 29xx, 38xx, 45xx and ASR1xxx series
Additional experience is desired in the following areas:
- Network security in a variety of protocols and architectures including Cisco ASA, firewalls, IPsec VPN and SSL VPN
- WAN acceleration, Specifically, Cisco WAAS
- In-depth troubleshooting, problem solving skills
- Familiar with Visio drawing, wireshark, solarwinds tools - Creating high quality design documents and drawing.
Certification: CCNA, CCNP or equivalent Education: Bachelor's degree, MIS, Computer Science or comparable
Required Clearance: Ability to qualify for U.S Public Trust position
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top