Network Engineer (Government)
The Network Engineer (NE) position is in support of a Government Customer in the Northern Virginia area (NVA). The NE candidate will be responsible for all activities associated with designing, implementing, and maintaining a large global IP Network. They will also interface with end-users to gather network requirements, develop, and document network solutions.
- Perform Tier-3 engineering NOC support to investigate, troubleshoot, and restore any customer services outage or fault.
- Perform detailed failure analysis to determine root cause and follow-up activities.
- Participate in network solution review process.
- Conduct network solution prototyping, integration, testing and certification in a lab environment.
- Perform life cycle network performance analysis and network optimization.
- Create and update engineering documents, configuration documents, training manuals and troubleshooting processes.
- Some CONUS and OCONUS travel to support network engineering activities
- Currently or previously held position as Network Engineer.
- Experience with LAN/CAN/WAN type networks, or Service Provider network.
- College Degree in Engineering field and/or CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, or JNCIE SP.
- Hands on Juniper or Cisco routers experience.
- Network design, testing and troubling.
- Public speaking and technical writing.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with Poly or able to obtain Poly.
• Experience with scripting and programing skills a plus.
• Technical Degree or certifications a plus.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top