Network Engineer (Government)
- Enon, OH
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The DoD and USAF have initiated the Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) and the Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) programs to deliver capabilities to enable network centric operations. AT&T GSI will develop concept papers, proposals, prototypes to compete for funding. AT&T GSI will also execute task orders awarded and integrate with other industry partners to rapidly develop state-of-the-art solutions for DoD.
AT&T GSI has an opening for a Network Engineer to support JADC2/ABMS concept and capability development. Position will also assist with network planning for JADC2/ABMS related events and execution of network related task orders. AT&T GSI will compete to develop and field networks for JADC2/ABMS programs. These networks will enable the timely processing and dissemination of data from any sensor to users at the tactical edge and/or strategic levels. AT&T GSI will develop solutions that connect assets in any domain and develop mobile/fixed communications nodes enabled by omnidirectional and directional line-of-sight (LOS), and beyond-line-of-sight (BLOS) capabilities. AT&T GSI will also focus on delivering state-of-the-art technology to meet DoD demands for the following: increased data rates, reduced latency, improved anti-jam, Low Probability Intercept/Low Probability of Detection characteristics, scalability of nodes/connections, and improved integration of dissimilar users.
- Performs technical sales support as the network engineer for the ABMS program team.
- Authors concept papers and technical proposals in response to JADC2/ABMS acquisition requests.
- Develops solutions for complex networks involving multiple phenomenologies and security levels.
- Develops cybersecurity solutions for JADC2/ABMS supporting networks.
- Participates in JADC2/ABMS related planning activities. Proposes network solutions for lead DoD planners and executes upon approval.
- Collaborates within AT&T GSI ABMS team to create unique state of the art solutions across ABMS developmental categories.
- Collaborates within AT&T to translate and deliver commercial solutions to meet DoD use case demands.
- Coordinates within AT&T to evolve commercial solutions to meet unique DoD requirements.
- Collaborates with industry partners to broaden AT&T reach and, when necessary, leverage non-AT&T solutions to deliver the best available solutions for DoD.
- Remain current on latest developments involving SATCOM, proliferated Low Earth Orbit constellations, wireline, wireless, tactical/mesh and other networks.
- Present technical briefings to DoD customers.
- Support ABMS program manager with other duties as required.
TS/SCI eligible (#topsecret)
- Skills commensurate with the duties and responsibilities.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and four (4) years of relevant experience
- An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability and willingness to share operational knowledge with customers when asked. The candidate may be required to brief high profile customers on occasion.
- Experience with multi-level security domains.
- Experience within multiple product lines within AT&T.
- Creative thinker with strong communication skills.
Back to top