Network Engineer (Government)
- Stafford, VA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation's warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for Network Engineer L1 to support NCIS, in providing support to NCIS with ability to securely conduct their mission and meet a multitude of critical IT challenges by providing quality customer service to NCIS' geographically dispersed, unique workforce in a resource-constrained environment.
- Tests and analyzes all elements of network facilities.
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources on multiple enclaves utilizing software and hardware tools.
- Identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Analyzes network performance, usage, traffic flows, access, and interfaces.
- Provides technical planning and analysis for communication activities including designing, integrating, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, testing, monitoring, reporting, documenting, training users, working with appropriate vendors, and performing preventative maintenance services.
- Performs testing, provisioning, operations and emergency response for ongoing VOIP network operations.
- Oversees and manages the deployment of upgrades to existing voice, video and other related systems in a multi-location environment.
- Ensures all required operational and support documents are current and up to date.
- Works continuously on improving relevant systems, applications, and infrastructure, as well as processes.
- Maintains a current understanding of emerging technologies and trends in cloud service and other data center technologies.
- Maintains a current understanding of emerging technologies and trends in online media, cloud service, storage solutions, and other data center technologies.
This position requires the person(s) to be eligible and adjudicated to Top Secret (TS)/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance level at contract start (#topsecret)
- Minimum of ten years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer system/network engineering.
- Includes two years of specialized experience related to the assigned task.
- Prior experience providing services of this type in a large government environment.
- Experience with engineering data center and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multiprotocol environment, including networks based on various circuit bandwidths to include T1, DS3, Fiber / Optical, DSL, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, and Ethernet over Copper core, distribution, and access media. Experience with Routers, Switches and Firewalls. CISCO UCS and Unified Fabric experience required at contract start.
- Five years of experience designing, building, and/or maintaining communications systems with minimum of two years current experience with CISCO UCS.
- Experience with engineering data center and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multiprotocol environment including networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber / Optical, DSL, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, and Ethernet over Copper core, distribution, and access media.
- Position shall meet the requirements of an ITA II per the DoD 8570.01-M, requires minimum of Security Plus certification or equivalent Position requires Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Position shall meet the requirements of an ITA II per the DoD 8570.01-M, requires minimum of Security Plus certification or equivalent.
Previous experience with NCIS.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top