Network Controller/Operator Intermediate (Government)
- O'Fallon, IL
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
AT&T has an opening for Network Controller/Operator Intermediate to support the GSM-O contract, in providing support for the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Operations Center. We work in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available. Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/guidance
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment
- Requires expertise in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, SONET, SONUS, Nortel, Avaya or Marconi
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms
- Supports team members in taking ownership of tickets and updates the Action/Work log (troubleshooting steps performed during the selected course of action)
Top Secret Clearance Required (Must hold Active Secret Clearance on Hire and eligible for upgrade to TS) (#secret)
- 5-8 years of IT related experience and a degree in an IT related field
- Hold DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expertise in one or more if the following: Routers, Crypto devices, Routing, Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc), DSN/DRSN, DVSG, GVS, ATM
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Requires experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19
- GTMS/ITSM Remedy: Understands the customer relationship tool which can be used to log/monitor the issues or problems faced by customers by the means of incident management tickets
- Understand the functions multiple RFO and charging the correct Fault Durations Hours to each Fault Category
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
Back to top