Network Controller/Operator Intermediate (Government)
- O'Fallon, IL
At AT&T, we are connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways and we channel our passion for innovation and drive towards the future in support of critical missions that enable our Nation's defense. Choose an item AT&T is honored to support Defense customers providing, operating, and assuring command and control and information-sharing capabilities across the full spectrum of military operations. Join us in delivering and securing the digital frontier for national level leaders and mission partners.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation's warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers
AT&T has an opening for Network Controller/Operator Intermediate to support the GSM-O contract, in providing support for the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Operations Center.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/guidance
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, SONET, SONUS, Nortel, Avaya or Marconi.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
- Supports team members in taking ownership of tickets and updates the Action/Work log (troubleshooting steps performed
- during the selected course of action).
Top Secret Clearance Required (Must hold Active Secret Clearance on Hire and eligible for TS Upgrade (#secret)
- 5-8 years of IT related experience and a degree in an IT related field
- Hold DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more if the following: Routers, Crypto devices, Routing, Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc),
- DSN/DRSN, DVSG, GVS, ATM.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Requires experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19.
- GTMS/ITSM Remedy: Understands the customer relationship tool which can be used to log/monitor the issues or problems
- faced by customers by the means of incident management tickets.
- Understand the functions multiple RFO, and charging the correct Fault Durations Hours to each Fault Category.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top