Network Controller/Operator Intermediate (Government)
AT&T is seeking hard-working and dependable candidates to support of the GSM-O contract at Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Ogden AFB, UT. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities on a 24x7 basis. We work in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available. Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidate will perform the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for the monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN and its services
• Services and Network Technologies include: Data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches, Call Managers, Voice switches, VTC equipment and PBX's), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, Juniper/Cisco Routers, etc..) transmission media, (Such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned) security devices 9KG-175A/D, KG-250, KG-340, SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III encryptors) and any other devices in the DODIN.
• Performs pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure
• Operation of Network Management System(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis
• Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
• Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
• Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
• Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management
• Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
• Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
• Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems
• Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate personnel.
• Support a performance-based environment with pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALPs)
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Active Secret Clearance w/SSBI
• 8570 IAT Level 2 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
• Associates in Applied Science or higher in an IT related field
• 4-6 years of IT related experience
• Working understanding of networking concepts (Cable standards, IP Addressing, Routing, Switching, VPN's, Telecommunications, etc...)
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience mentoring Junior Technicians
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications :
• Top Secret Clearance
• CCNA/JNCIA or equivalent
• Cisco ONS/MSPP, Sycamore, Ciena, SATCOM, and/or ATM related experience
• Cisco/Juniper routing, switching, collaboration, security, and service provider experience
• VTC experience
• Voice over IP (VoIP), Call Manager, Cube, Session Border Controller, PBX experience
• Department of Defense Experience
• Knowledge of following TTP/SOP/Work Instructions to meet service delivery directives
• Knowledge of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP)
• Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system, documentation, and reporting procedures
Ability to provide detailed verbal and written communication to contractor and government leadership as requested
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top