Network Controller/Operator Associate (Government)
AT&T is seeking hard-working and dependable candidates to support of the GSM-O contract at Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC). We work in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available. Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- 3-5 years of IT related experience and a degree in an IT related field
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/guidance
- Hold DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more if the following: Routers, Crypto devices, Routing, Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc), DSN/ DRSN, DVSG, GVS, ATM.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, SONET, SONUS, Nortel, Avaya or Marconi.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms. - Requires experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19.
- Remedy: Understands the customer relationship tool which can be used to log/monitor the issues or problems faced by customers by the means of incident management tickets.
- Understand the functions multiple RFO, and charging the correct Fault Durations Hours to each Fault Category.
- Supports team members in taking ownership of tickets and updates the Action/Work log (troubleshooting steps performed during the selected course of action).
Required Clearance: Active SECRET
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• ITIL v3 Foundation certified
• Top Secret Clearance
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top