Network Controller/Operator Associate (Government)
The Network Operator Controller is a member of the Network Operations Center team (on the DISA GSM-O program). This team supports network operations and maintenance activities within DISA.
Candidate will perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN and its services - Services and Network Technologies include: Data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches, Call Managers, Voice switches, VTC equipment and PBX's), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, Juniper/Cisco Routers, etc..) transmission media, (Such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned) security devices 9KG-175A/D, KG-250, KG-340, SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III encryptors) and any other devices in the DODIN.
- Performs pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure
- Operation of Network Management System(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate personnel.
- Support a performance-based environment with pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALPs)
- Support the development, documentation, and tracking of metrics relevant to the ALPs
- Interface with government counterparts and leadership
Master's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with three (3) years of professional experience; or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with five (5) years of professional experience; or ten (10) years professional experience in Networking, with at least four (4) years specializing in routing, switching, voice, video, transport, and security within enterprise networks - DoD 8570 Compliant for IAT Level II: Possess a CASP, CCNA-Security, CISSP, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP certification - DoD 8570 Compliant for CSSP Analyst within 180 days of employment: Possess a CEH, CFR, CSA+, GCIA, GCIH, GISCP, or SCYBER certification - In-depth understanding of networking concepts - Strong communication skills, both written and verbal Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications: - Cisco/Juniper routing, switching, collaboration, security and service provider experience - Transport Technologies experience - Department of Defense experience - Knowledge of following TTP/SOP/Work Instructions to meet service delivery directives - Knowledge of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP) - Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system, documentation, and reporting procedures - Ability to provide detailed verbal and written communication to contractor and government leadership as requested - CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP - Cisco ONS/MSPP, Sycamore, Ciena experience and/or related training and experience
Required Clearance: Active SECRET
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top