Network Admin Specialist Senior Level (Government) Vandenberg AFB
The Network Specialist/Administrator Specialty will work with a team of Systems and Network Engineers to upgrade the Communications Subsystem (CMSS) for the Western Launch Range located at Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB), CA. The upgraded network architecture includes transport equipment (routers, switches, microwave), Range Interface Units (RIUs), security and encryption devices, and Network Management System (NMS) and services (e.g., Network Device Manager, Element Managers, IP Address Manager, Archive Manager, Authentication service, Software Update Service (SUS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service, Domain Name System (DNS) service, Network Timing Protocol (NTP) service).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze, design, configure, deploy, test, maintain and administer networks and related computing environments, including computer and network hardware, network services, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Perform network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Participate in cross-functional customer facing product teams (IPT).
- Support Range Deployment Team to configure facilities for developmental testing.
- Support Cyber/IA team to ensure network is hardened to meet security needs.
- Support Software Development Team to ensure code specifications meet CMSS needs.
- Support Program Management Office (PMO) in estimating, reporting, and planning network engineering tasks.
- Participate in Risk Management Boards (RMB) and identify network design risks.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Networking, Telecommunications, or related field 5 to 7 years experience + BS
- Experience in network administration
- Experience in network design and implementation
- Experience in network performance analysis and testing
- Must have a current SECRET clearance
- US Citizenship
- Experience designing, configuring, installing, integrating and testing an IPv6 network
- Experience performing network engineering on a Government/DoD project
- Experience with system hardening to DIACAP or RMF specifications
- Experience with network accreditation
- Experience working on Vandenberg Air Force Base
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top