NetOps Specialist, Senior (Government)
- Kapolei, HI
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
This position's primary role is to manage the day-to-day operations of a shift team(s) at the Network Operations Center (NOC). This oversight includes but is not limited to Personnel, Incident, Change, Service Level, and Problem Management. The position is fully responsible for talent and personnel management of the assigned employees.
- Manage day-to-day activity of employees to ensure proper service delivery in the critical business areas of Incident, Change, Service Level, and Problem Management.
- Coach and mentor all subordinates on the execution of processes and procedures.
- Ensure accurate time keeping of employees. Approve timesheets, paid time off, holidays, and over time. Responsible for employees' development, including evaluations, promotions, transfers, hiring, and salary recommendations.
- Work directly with Human Resources to resolve employee personnel issues.
- Provide oversight of all outage recovery efforts.
- Manage personnel to ensure trouble tickets are accurate, provide reports, and ensure proper escalation occurs.
- Act as an escalation point for critical recovery decisions.
- Provide oversight for the execution of all change activities.
- Approve all operational and emergency changes.
- Authorize deviations from standard processes and procedures to mitigate issues.
- Ensure proper reporting and classification of incident and change tickets.
- Analyze performance and recovery time as it pertains to Incident Management.
- Account for all Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators associated with service availability, performance, and response.
- Ensure proper documentation is available in the ticking systems for compliancy purposes.
- Engage necessary personnel to address chronic issues identified by the Problem Management team.
- Ensure continued progression to problem resolution occurs.
- When required, act as a voting member of the Change Authorization Board and a member of the Process Review Board working groups.
- Act as the primary interface to the Network Operations Center customers and maintain a strong communication bridge between business partners.
- When required, serve as backup to the Network Operations Center Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related experience. Cisco Certification CCNA preferred, CCNP a plus.
- CISSP or CASP Required
Back to top