Mobility Test Lab Engineer
Mobility Systems Engineer to support the implementation and operation of a mobility testing facility in Northern Virginia supporting a Federal customer.
This test environment will be used to evaluate mobile technologies as well as analyze and test customer equipment within a controlled environment providing mobility services.
- Tasking will include management and supervision of the use of this testing facility as well as maintenance of lab equipment and equipment configurations under the guidance of the mobility engineering team.
- Work directly with Customers to insure smooth operation and support of their use of the test environment as well as proper configuration and usage of the facility's capabilities.
- Provide input to the Program Manager for Customer Program reviews as well as brief Customer Seniors.
- Participate in the planning and design of the evolution of the facility and it's capabilities.
- Work will typically be during normal business hours, however flexible and extended hours may sometimes be needed to support testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or like field
- 10+ years experience in the implementation and operation of Mobility services for GSM, GPRS,UMTS, HSPA and LTE including hands on experience installing and configuring such components as HLR/HSS, GGSN/SGW/PGW/PCEF, SMSC, IMS.
- Experience with Cisco / Juniper routers and switches to include basic configuration, operations, and maintenance also strongly desired.
- Experience managing a laboratory environment and / or experience managing mobility operations highly desired. (An additional 4 years of hands on experience can substitute for degree.)
- The successful candidate will be self motivated and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must have ability to perform basic system administration on Unix platforms, and must have good foundation of IP Networking. Unix scripting skills a plus.
Required Clearance: Secret. Candidate must be willing to be submitted for TS- SCI and Poly
Desired: Experience with Mobility network security solutions desired. Familiarity with workings of AT&T Mobility strongly desired. Understanding of mobility applications and Mobile Device Management. Knowledge of both network architecture and operational support of mobility networks including RAN, Packet Core, provisioning, billing, OSS systems.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top